Wednesday, July 14, 2010

To whom it may concern (three word Wednesday - gentle, praise, vulgar)

Dear writers,

I am writing this in good conscience that I need to make my voice heard on a subject that has been of great concern for awhile now. I am deeply worried that the subject of vampires has been overused in today’s movies and literature. Look, I know there’s a dark, mysterious danger that the vampire character offers to your fiction. Hollywood has cast us as a cold and savage species. It’s not like that at all. We are not so vulgar as to hunt down you humans for blood. Quite frankly, it’s far too messy. Everyone seems to have some sort of GPS these days. Next thing you know, the cops are all over you. Then it’s all this explaining, all this paperwork, possible arrest or even getting shot at. And what vampire likes to get shot at? Not yours truly, my friends.

Hollywood has recently made us an anti-hero. This has worsened our lifestyle truthfully. I feel it has impinged on our anonymity. Everywhere I go, humans want autographs. It has also become an unbearable nuisance with the paparazzi. Don’t they realize I will not show up in photos? I am no role model and certainly no anti-hero. I feel the praise and attention we receive is simply not justified.

I would furthermore like to set the record straight for bats. Bats have really got a bad reputation through the whole vampire infatuation you humans have going on. Bats are not after your blood, they hone in by sonar. If you don’t want them to bother you, then stop making noises! They are a pretty gentle animal overall and should be considered for domestication. If you were the first in your neighborhood with a pet bat, I am certain you’d be the talk of the neighborhood. Untapped potential here, people. It’s no more difficult than owning a ferret. Less odorous, too. Think of them as small, blind ferrets with wings. What’s not to love?

I go to the blood bank and pay for my meals like every honest hard working vampire. I sleep the sunlight hours away, so please stop knocking on my door during the daytime hours. I am not interested in your life insurance or your girl scout cookies. Just let me sleep people. A little privacy is all I ask. If you are awake in the wee hours of the morning, you can text or Email me, even follow me on Twitter. I’d rather you not visit in person though, I’m a bear if you interrupt my DVR’d Oprah.

Respectfully,

D

15 comments:

  1. haha this made me laugh out loud! I am a bit of a Twi-Mom myself (though not so much because of vampires as the love story) so it made me laugh at myself which is ALWAYS a good thing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this was brilliant :-)
    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knocked this out of the park, J. Great idea, as well as execution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahahahaha... this one gave me the gigglesnorts. Absolutely adorable! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Follow on Twitter, indeed. Cleverly done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was waiting for a comment about Edward manning up or ‘D’ would have to slap the glitter off of him.

    Wonderful piece. Never saw this one coming.
    -Tim

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL !!!!!! this was the most interesting post i read today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creative. From a vampire's view point. :) Made good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol - out of all the ones i ve read today this one really hit a jackpot :)

    http://bit.ly/9JWQ0M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great read, but you didn't explain the garlic!

    I laughed. Humorous and creative... and I'm an Oprah fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww.. Creative, Good and awesome post...

    Yours Frendly,
    Saravana Kumar M
    Few Miles

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does read like one of those "to whom it may concern"-type letters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. utube babe... gotta tell your story on utube it will go viral as they say... hey, on a more serious note you couldn't be any funnier or spot on...

    ReplyDelete